Hello Ignite-Community!

I just found IGNITE-3477 and esp.

"Continuous put/remove operations with OFFHEAP_TIERED mode lead to
uncontrollable memory fragmentation"

How does Ignite handle OFFHEAP_TIERED caches currently (= how does it store
the data)?
I just tried to create some tests to get an impression of the
fragmentation, however, I couldn't see a huge issue.
In my case I've 30gb Offheap memory available and about 5 caches storing
about 3gb of data (after starting the application).
Every entry of the caches gets updated every few days the latest and some
several times a day.
However, I would like to avoid that cache-fragmentation hits the
application out of the blue and therefore I try to get an impression about
those internals.

Any hint is appreciated,
Peter