Yes, we checked uniqueness of key several times. Below is representative
snippet of our code, how we generate cache key inside inputIterator method.

@Override
protected Iterator<Tuple2&lt;Long,ArrayList&lt;MyDTO>>>
*inputIterator*(Object... args) throws CacheLoaderException {
        Iterator<Tuple2&lt;Long,ArrayList&lt;MyDTO>>> iterator = null;
        ResultSetExtractor<ArrayList&lt;Tuple2&lt;Long,ArrayList&lt;MyDTO>>>>
extOrRepMapResultSetExtractor = new
ResultSetExtractor<ArrayList&lt;Tuple2&lt;Long,ArrayList&lt;MyDTO>>>>() {
                @Override
                public ArrayList<Tuple2&lt;Long,ArrayList&lt;MyDTO>>>
extractData(ResultSet rs)
                                throws SQLException, DataAccessException {
                        ArrayList<Tuple2&lt;Long,ArrayList&lt;MyDTO>>>
extOrRepList = new
ArrayList<Tuple2&lt;Long,ArrayList&lt;MyDTO>>>(startSize);
                        *final AtomicLong entryCnt = new AtomicLong(0);*
                        while (rs.next()) {
                                extOrRepList.add(new Tuple2<Long,
ArrayList&lt;MyDTO>>(*entryCnt.incrementAndGet()*,prevDTOList));
                        }
                        return extOrRepList;
                }
        };

        jdbcTemplate.setFetchSize(SQL_FETCH_SIZE);
        ArrayList<Tuple2&lt;Long,ArrayList&lt;MyDTO>>> extOrRepList = null;
        extOrRepList = jdbcTemplate.query(sql, extOrRepMapResultSetExtractor);

        if (extOrRepList != null) {
                iterator = extOrRepList.iterator();
        }
        return iterator;