Hi,

you could to know more about deadlock detection here [1]

Mentioned ticket about optiomistic transactions. Deadlock detection
for pessimistic transactions (your case) is implemented in 1.7
release.

I don't think that it is your case because in case of
TransactionDeadlockException transaction should be rolled back and all
locks should be released. But it is possible that there is bug in this
place.

By the way, do you have the same issue on 1.8?

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/transactions#deadlock-detection