Von: Lukas Lentner [mailto:kont...@lukaslentner.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. April 2017 08:58
An: user@ignite.apache.org
Betreff: Network Discovery inside docker containers

Hi,

I have a question about Discovery in a Docker environment.

I have multiple machines running multiple docker containers with ignite in it.
I want to use JDBC Discovery. I give every container a dedicated communication
port and discovery port.
My understanding was that the Database Table should be filled with HOSTs and
PORTs that can be reached from any ignite node so that they can find each
other. So that's why I exposed both ports through docker to the outside for
each container without relaying it (changing the port number). You could call
machine-1-ip:container-1-discovery-port to discover the "Container 1" inside
"Machine 1".

To achive that I set discoveryLocalAddress to the ip of the docker host (the
machine). But it seems that does not work because this address is also used to
bind the socket inside the docker container.

As I do not care on which network interface ignite is binding inside the docker
container from this perspective I would not set the localAddress of the
discoverySpi.

How can I not set the local discovery address (because of binding) but still
make the JDBC-Discovery-IP-Finder put the machine ip inside the database table?

It is not about retrieving the machine ip. At all times I have that!

Thankx
Lukas

----

Lukas Lentner, B. Sc.