> It looks like documentation is misleading.
I partially agree.

CacheConfiguration is validated during creation of a cache (when you call a
ignite.getOrCreateCache)
and some mismatches like OFFHEAP mode with offHeapMaxMemory equlas -1 will
be resolved.

Maybe it makes sense to add explanation to 'offHeapMaxMemory' field in
Ignite 1.9.
As far as I know Ignite-2.0 is moving to full-off-heap page memory model,
and CacheConfiguration will be remade, including the removal of
 'offHeapMaxMemory' field.