Hi Matt,

Ignite cache more or less corresponds to table from relational world.

As for caches number: Both ways are possible. In relational world, by the
way, you also can place different business objects into one table, but you
will have to introduce additional type field.

Similar for the cache, you can place different values into the same cache,
but it is on your own to provide additional logic to separate what type of
object was selected.

Known benefit of having 1 cache to 1 business object type: you can do fine
grained tuning of cache quotes (memory policies), and other cache
parameters separately for each business object type.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Dmitriy Pavlov