Hello Andrei, upon further investigation it seems I have found a bug, the
scenario is this: when running a query from a client node, if the result is
bigger than the default, or set page size the objects returned are not
transformed, but
rather
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.query.GridCacheQueryResponseEntry.
I found this while running 1.9
below is a simple test I wrote to prove it, its not the most elegant way to
show it, but I did not have a lot of time.

public class SimpleAlwaysTruePredicate implements
IgniteBiPredicate<String,Integer> {
    @Override
    public boolean apply(String s, Integer integer) {
        return true;
    }
}

public class SimpleOnlyValueTransformer implements
IgniteClosure<Cache.Entry<String, Integer>, Integer> {
    @Override
    public Integer apply(Cache.Entry<String, Integer> stringIntegerEntry) {
        return stringIntegerEntry.getValue();
    }
}

    Ignition.setClientMode(true);
    Ignite ignite = Ignition.start();

    IgniteCache<String, Integer> cache = ignite.createCache("test");

    System.out.println("Running a query with a transformer less than
the default page size");
    //less than the default page size, no problem
    for (int i = 0; i < 1024; i++) {
        cache.put(String.valueOf(i), i);
    }

    List<Integer> returned = cache.query(new ScanQuery<String,
Integer>(new SimpleAlwaysTruePredicate()),
            new SimpleOnlyValueTransformer()).getAll();

    returned.forEach(i -> doNothing(i));
    cache.clear();
    cache.destroy();

    cache = ignite.createCache("test");

    System.out.println("Running a query with a transformer more than
the default page size");
    //one more than the default page size, throws exception
    for (int i = 0; i < 1025; i++) {
        cache.put(String.valueOf(i), i);
    }

    returned = cache.query(new ScanQuery<String, Integer>(new
SimpleAlwaysTruePredicate()),
            new SimpleOnlyValueTransformer()).getAll();

    try {
        returned.forEach(i -> doNothing(i));

    } catch (Exception e) {
        System.out.println(e);
    }
    cache.clear();
    cache.destroy();
    //just to make sure:
    System.out.println("Running a query with a default page size and
one more entry then it");
    cache = ignite.createCache("test");
    cache.put("one", 1);
    cache.put("two", 2);
    Query<Cache.Entry<String, Integer>> query = new ScanQuery<>(new
SimpleAlwaysTruePredicate());
    query.setPageSize(1);

    returned = cache.query(query,
            new SimpleOnlyValueTransformer()).getAll();

    try {
        returned.forEach(i -> doNothing(i));

    } catch (Exception e) {
        System.out.println(e);
    }
    cache.clear();
    cache.destroy();
    Ignition.stop(true);
}

public static void doNothing(Integer i) {

}

Cheers,

Guilherme Melo
www.gmelo.org