Val, thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately I don't have an existing AtomicLong or AtomicSequence to work
with... What if I need to initiate one, where shall I initiate it? We have
a small cluster, sometime I only have one node for dev/test. It's a bit
surprising why initiate an AtomicSequence would need to wait so long,
because there's no other node to wait for...

Jessie