Hi Denis,
I tested the transactional nature using SqlFieldsQuery and
cache.get()/cache.put() in PESSIMISTIC & REPEATABLE_READ mode.
case 1: update using SqlFieldsQuery in one transaction and read using
SqlFieldsQuery in another transaction on the same record and we didn't
commit any of the transaction.
          observation: Lock in write operation and read is not blocked(which
is expected).
case 2: update using SqlFieldsQuery in one transaction and read using
cache.get() in another transaction on the same record and we didn't commit
any of the transaction.
        observation: whichever ran first is taking the lock and other one is
blocked

Can you please describe transaction nature of SqlFieldsQuery and
cache.get()/cache.put() ?