Sure, I meant you need to create your own inner class:

private static class WorkflowEntryProcessor extends EntryProcessor {
@Override
        public Object process(MutableEntry<Long, Workflow> entry, Object...
arguments) throws EntryProcessorException {
            System.out.println("EntryProcessor started");
            Workflow w = entry.getValue();

            if (!w.getStatus().equals(Constants.WorkflowStatus.STOPPED))
                throw new EntryProcessorException("Workflow not in stopped
state");

            w.setStatus(Constants.WorkflowStatus.RUNNING);

            entry.setValue(w);

            return null;
        }
}

and use it like: workflowIgniteCache.invoke(id, new
WorkflowEntryProcessor());

Also, are there any exception in logs? I'll try to reproduce it if doesn't
help. In thread dumps I see that thread that processes invoke() is hanged on
IgniteQueue deserialization, but I don't see why it happens. Is it possible
that your class Workflow has IgniteQueue in fields?

Thanks!
-Dmitry