If I put an item in the cache and the expiration time is set shorter than the write behind delay, the item will expire before it has been written to the cache, will the expiration handler make sure that the cache entry is written to storage before it removes it ?

Same thing if I use setWriteBehindFlushSize(), then I don't know when any modified entries are saved to storage so they may expire before they are written to storage.|

Den 2018-01-03 kl. 12:55, skrev Denis Mekhanikov:
Hi Mikael!

Yes, this is fine. Expiration policy is intended to remove those entries from memory, that are saved to the persistent data storage. So, if you query expired data one more, it will be loaded from persistence.

> will any items in the cache that expire and have been modified be saved before they are removed from the cache ?
Could you clarify this? I didn't really understand the question.

Denis

ср, 3 янв. 2018 г. в 14:23, Mikael <mikael-arons...@telia.com <mailto:mikael-arons...@telia.com>>:

    Is it ok to use both third party persistence (setWriteBehindEnabled(
    true)) on a cache and also have an expiration policy set at the same
    time, will any items in the cache that expire and have been