Thanks Val.

I understand Array copy is heavy operation and probably lots of memory
allocations too, however, my profiler showing complete logic of copy and
append taking 50% of the total time taken by Invoke call. that's why the
question, does invoke should take this much time or its the concurrency
killing it to have the atomic operation?

I have already tried putting separate entries instead of appending to single
byte array. However, this approach needs more logic to keep sequence,
locking or synchronizing during fetch or remove.
During the quick implementation of this new approach, I used scan query
filter on key for fetch and remove calls. As expected put was faster (no
entry-processor, no array copy), however, faced issue with scan query.
Probably one thread iterating on scan query and other tried to put, thats
where scan query bails out with an exception.

I am going to tweak this usecase further to get better results, any
ideas/input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Sambhav