@dharvey - no, cluster is not deactivated.

@anton - 26gb of data is under ignite data directory (not including WAL).

I'd expect I can stop ignite server cleanly from unix shell.  Do I really
have to run some java code to have persistence engine stop cleanly?

When I send SIGINT or SIGTERM, it does stop, but then with the slow
startup.  I understand why it would stop uncleanly if I was sending KILL
signal, but I'm not doing that.