>our a stream receiver called invoke() and that in turn did another invoke,
which was the actual bug.
So Ignite's invoke() implementation called itself?

>It was helpful when we did the invoke using a custom thread pool,
I'm not sure I understand the concept here. Is the idea to have an
ExecutorService in of the StreamReceiver, and use that to call invoke()?

It seems odd that it could get hung up on the get() call since presumably
this is being invoked on the primary, and therefore should not need to go
out anywhere. But I notice that it's still trying to map onto the grid
topology, so maybe if the topology changes before the StreamReceiver is
invoked? Total guess, I have only a vague idea of Ignite internals.