Hello Sam,

> if i call this method, Ignition.Shutdown(null, false);
The Ignition class does not contain the `Shutdown` method [1], [2] Perhaps,
you mean 'stop'.

> Does the shutdown method block until all local node data is rebalanced to
> other nodes?
No, it does not. The second parameter of 'stop' method defines the behavior
of the stopped node regarding ComputeJobs, Ignite services etc.
If that parameter is set to true then Ignite instance will wait for all
tasks to be finished.

> Or is there another way to force shift all local node data to other nodes?
I think the best way to handle this, is stopping node one by one. I mean the
following:
 - stop one node
 - after that, you need to wait until the end of rebalancing.
   for example, you can use ignite events (EVT_CACHE_REBALANCE_STOPPED) [3]
   or check the status of rebalancing via Visor
 - and so on

[1]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/Ignition.html
[2]