This is OK, you may ignore this message.

Configure scripts, generated by autoconf are trying to delete
"core" files during their work, as they expect that some operations
can generate coredump files on crash, so it prints this error when
it faces "core" directory. More details here: [1].

The short answer is - you can safely ignore this message.

[1] - https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2012-12/msg00001.html

Best Regards,
Igor