It happens, because ODBC returns schema name in quotes,
so seems like QLIK adds its own quotes around it, as it encounters
non standard characters (quotes).

I think, it is a QLIK's error, as our ODBC driver explicitly states, that no
additional quotes should be used around identifiers. And even if it choose
to apply quotes to "PUBLIC" result obviously should not be a ""PUBLIC"".

Best Regards,
Igor