Thanks!

A few clarifications:
1) The first configuration with given cache name will be applied to all
nodes" - what do you mean by the first configuration? The configuration of
the first node that was started? Is there a gossip/consensus  protocol that
syncs the cache configs across the
2) We are using an xml configuration file instead of  IgniteCache.withX.,
will it work similarly?

For example, I have the following configuration files on the client and
server node
1)  What settings will be applied when I create a SQL table with
template test_template from the client?
2)  What will happen if I start another  client with different settings?

*Client:*

<property name="cacheConfiguration">
    <list>
        <bean parent="cache-template">
            <property name="name" value="test_template*"/>
            <property name="cacheMode" value="PARTITIONED"/>
            <property name="atomicityMode" value="ATOMIC"/>
            <property name="copyOnRead" value="true"/>
            <property name="queryDetailMetricsSize" value="10"/>
            <property name="queryParallelism" value="32"/>
            <property name="statisticsEnabled" value="true"/>
            <property name="managementEnabled" value="true"/>

            <property name="rebalanceMode" value="SYNC"/>
            <property name="writeSynchronizationMode" value="FULL_SYNC"/>
            <property name="backups" value="0"/>

        </bean>
    </list>
</property>

*Server*

<property name="cacheConfiguration">
    <list>
        <bean parent="cache-template">
            <property name="name" value="test_template*"/>
            <property name="cacheMode" value="PARTITIONED"/>
            <property name="atomicityMode" value="ATOMIC"/>
            <property name="copyOnRead" value="true"/>
            <property name="queryDetailMetricsSize" value="10"/>
            <property name="queryParallelism" value="1"/>
            <property name="statisticsEnabled" value="true"/>
            <property name="managementEnabled" value="true"/>

            <property name="rebalanceMode" value="ASYNC"/>
            <property name="writeSynchronizationMode" value="FULL_ASYNC"/>
            <property name="backups" value="1"/>

        </bean>
    </list>
</property>