Let's say I have two tables I want to join together.
Table a has around 10 millions of rows and it's primary key is x and y.
I have created index on field x and y for table a.

Table b has one row and it's primary key is x and y.
The primary key for that row in table b has a correspondent row in table a
which has the same primary key.

When I try to execute this query to join "select a.*,b.* from a inner join b
where (a.x=b.x) and (a.y = b.y);", ti takes more than 4 seconds to show only
one record.
I also examined the plan for that sql and confirmed the index I created is
used for this sql.

Ideally, if we use hash join it should take less than half a second.