Put your -X* options before -jar. That’s how java command line works.

Stan

From: Lokesh Sharma
Sent: 17 октября 2018 г. 14:08
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ignite complains for low heap memory

I get the same output in the logs when I run the application with Xms set to 2
GB. I ran this command:

java -jar target/cm.jar -Xms2024m -Xmx4024m

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 4:26 PM aealexsandrov <aealexsand...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

The heap metrics that you see in topology message shows the max heap value
that your cluster can use:

Math.max(m.getHeapMemoryInitialized(), m.getHeapMemoryMaximum()

Initial heap size (-Xms ) is different from the maximum (-Xmx). Your JVM
will be started with Xms amount of memory and will be able to use a maximum
of Xmx amount of memory.

Looks like Ignite has the recommendation to set Xms to at least 512mb.
About JVM tunning you can read here:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/jvm-and-system-tuning

BR,
Andrei