Hello!

You can indeed scan on per partition basis. Data will not move between
partitions unless key is changed or affinity function is modified. Note
that partition is normally stored on a single node but it might be moved in
case of rebalance.

You can probably read more here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/%28Partition+Map%29+Exchange+-+under+the+hood

Ilya Kasnacheev