Thanks, Ilya.

The reason that I am trying to better understand the rationale is that I had
a multi-join query that was performing badly on Ignite compared to
PostgreSQL.

When comparing the query plans from the two systems, I discovered that the
Postgres query-planner had re-ordered the joins in my query, but H2 (Ignite)
had not (and does not assign a 'cost').

When I explicitly re-ordered the joins in my query, to resemble the result
of the Postgres plan - the performance on Ignite shot up to match that of
Postgres.

So my question is, whether there is any way to overcome this shortcoming ...
for situations where we cannot evaluate the query layout manually, on an
individual basis?

Thanks,
Jose