I'm trying to save some raw binary data into Apache Ignite using thin Python
client and the process is very slow (actually it looks like it depends on
the size of the data).

For my simple test case I've started locally Ignite with single node
(version 2.7.0 without any specific configuration):

Also, I have a binary file with the content I want to store in Ignite. The
size if around 6MB. Here is my source code:

After *my_cache.put *the process just freezes. I haven't even managed to
wait till the end (I've terminated it after 2 minutes).

However, passing the file content transformed into a string works very fast
.

What I'm missing?