We have a polyglot environment, thus people choose a different language depending on their use-case. In consequence some algorithms are programmed in C++ or Fortran. We usually implement a "task" and these tasks can be used/called by others (using the name in ignite compute) without having to care what's behind (C++, Scala or anything else). Polyglot is a rising topic, thus I was surprised I couldn't cross languages barriers when integrating operations in Ignite and C++ thick nodes.

Am 9/16/2019 um 6:38 PM schrieb Alexandr Shapkin:

Json,

Could you share an example of why do you need this feature?

In general, platform-specific nodes should be able to execute only native code. I.e. C++ -> C++, C#-> C# etc.

But since a thick client is kind of a wrapper around Java one it’s quite easy to call a Java code on a remote node.

*From: *Igor Sapego <mailto:isap...@gridgain.com>
*Sent: *Monday, September 16, 2019 6:14 PM
*To: *user <mailto:user@ignite.apache.org>
*Subject: *Re: Running a C++ Thick Node compute func from a Java Thick Node

Hello,

Such function is not supported for now. You can raise a ticket

if it's something you'd like to have in Ignite.

Best Regards,

Igor

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 6:00 PM codie <constantin.d...@gmail.com <mailto:constantin.d...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello,
I have two nodes running with a TCP Discovery Spi, one is a C++ Thick
node and one is a Java Thick node. The C++ node has the examples compute
func "CountWords" registered. How can I trigger this function from the
Java thick nodes? Does "RegisterComputeFunc" not inform other nodes,
that the compute function can be found on this specific c++ node?

Thanks,
Json