I did some testing and did not find any inherent limitation for thin client
connection count.
So it is likely that your server is simply overloaded with work.

- Check CPU and RAM usage on the server
- Check Java GC activity with jvisualvm or similar tool and try system
tuning: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/jvm-and-system-tuning
- Try increasing thread pool size further