Hello!

If you really need authentication of nodes, you can add SSL configuration
with certificate checking.

This means that any rogue node will not be able to join since it does not
have proper certificate.

This is also much more secure than passwords. Make sure to add SSL to all
ports, such as connectors, ODBC, etc.

Ilya Kasnacheev