I have been using affinity keys with a PARTITIONED cache and then use those
keys to send computations to the nodes that have the data which all works as
expected.

I wanted to test LOCAL mode for performance but I found no calculations are
now sent to the nodes.

Is that expected behavior?

How can I send calculations to nodes with a LOCAL cache so that those
calculations only work off the data in the local cache (which is the reason
i was using affinity to begin with, I only ever want my calculations to work
off data that is on that node).

If there is a way for a compute function to access only the keys on the node
without using affinity that would work for me too.