Hello!

It is actually hard to say without debugging. I expect that it is
BinaryObject or primitive type or byte[].

It is possible to enable onheap caching, in this case objects will be held
as is, and also sed copyOnRead=false, in this case objects will not even be
copied.
However, I'm not sure if Near Cache will interact with onheap caching.

Why does it matter for your use case?

Ilya Kasnacheev