Denis, i get that about when to scale. And with my test, these are fairly
large boxes with lots of head room. Hardly doing 10% or less CPU wise.

But why do i see a performance difference when i put data into 1 node vs 3
node with PRIMARY_SYNC turned on.

Shouldn't the behavior and workflow be the same?

1. Client sends the put request.
2. Server applies the change to the primary node. Does not wait for backup
to be updated.
3. Returns the response back to the client.

Backup change happens async.

ideally with PRIMARY_SYNC, this workflow should be the same irrespective of
the number of nodes and/or backups. Since the server does not wait for
backups to be updated.

Let me know if there is more to it that i am missing.