Dennis,

We use ignite for supply chain management usecases and almost all are SQL
schemas

In replicated mode, for large tables and for a single query, the data reads are
happening from ram and disk of a single node.
We measured a 4-time increase in query latencies (reads) in replicated mode
compared to partitioned mode. This is possible due to the disk coming into play.

I was thinking a near cache at client node might improve read latencies.

We find replicated mode much more suited than partitioned mode due to high
availability needs. We also reported several issues with JOINS in partitioned
mode and this is a show stopper for us in production deployments. Replicated
mode does not have these issues with join and is a simple solution for backup
and restore.

regards
Mahesh