I have two different scenarios or behaviors, none is working as I would
expect. One is what I am experiencing in my project (whole project) and the
other one is what I am experiencing when creating a toy project trying to
reproduce it. In both cases, I am using Ignite 2.7.6.

This is the code I am using for the toy project ( Github:Code
<https://github.com/jrecuerda/IgnitePlayground/tree/master/PartitionLossPolicy>
). It is written in Kotlin but I think it is quite simple so it should be
understandable even if you don't know Kotlin.

Steps to reproduce it:
  - Run 5 nodes NodeStartup.kt
  - Run Client.kt which activate the cluster and insert some data into an
IgniteCache<Long, Long>
  - Shut down 2 out of the 5 Nodes.
  - Run Client.kt again.
          * Calling to lostPartitions() returns an empty list, I would
expect it to return some partitions since the backup is set to one and two
nodes were turned off.
          * When trying to put data into the cache, even when the
partitionLossPolicy is set to IGNORE, throws:
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.ignite.cache.CacheServerNotFoundException: Failed to map keys for
cache (all partition nodes left the grid).
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheUtils.convertToCacheException(GridCacheUtils.java:1321)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.IgniteCacheProxyImpl.cacheException(IgniteCacheProxyImpl.java:1758)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.IgniteCacheProxyImpl.put(IgniteCacheProxyImpl.java:1108)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GatewayProtectedCacheProxy.put(GatewayProtectedCacheProxy.java:820)
        at jrh.ClientKt.insertData(Client.kt:30)
        at jrh.ClientKt.main(Client.kt:42)
        at jrh.ClientKt.main(Client.kt)
Caused by: class
org.apache.ignite.internal.cluster.ClusterTopologyServerNotFoundException:
Failed to map keys for cache (all partition nodes left the grid).
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.atomic.GridNearAtomicSingleUpdateFuture.mapSingleUpdate(GridNearAtomicSingleUpdateFuture.java:562)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.atomic.GridNearAtomicSingleUpdateFuture.map(GridNearAtomicSingleUpdateFuture.java:454)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.atomic.GridNearAtomicSingleUpdateFuture.mapOnTopology(GridNearAtomicSingleUpdateFuture.java:443)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.atomic.GridNearAtomicAbstractUpdateFuture.map(GridNearAtomicAbstractUpdateFuture.java:248)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.atomic.GridDhtAtomicCache.update0(GridDhtAtomicCache.java:1153)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.atomic.GridDhtAtomicCache.put0(GridDhtAtomicCache.java:611)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheAdapter.put(GridCacheAdapter.java:2449)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheAdapter.put(GridCacheAdapter.java:2426)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.IgniteCacheProxyImpl.put(IgniteCacheProxyImpl.java:1105)
        ... 4 more

Thank you!