Here is a background. In enterprise wide, each application, like JVM1,  will create its own cache and this data is useful for another application, so this data should push to server node , like JVM3. but each client node, like JVM1, should have freedom to contain other caches based on some rules, but definitely not every cache in JVM3. in this case, looks like Node filter will work.

Therefore, I think JVM1 and JVM2 should be client node with near caches and also have node filter.

My understanding is correct ?

Thanks Stephen Darlington for the near cache idea.