You said that you use Binary Object Builder, so, I thought that you use key
value API and data streamers. I don't really understand now you use
BinaryObjectBuilder with thin JDBC client.

>What if I have a persistent connection that sends data continuously?
Should I hold on the instance of the streamer (for a particular cache), or
recreate a new one once a new load of data arrives?
If you're loading data continuously, it makes sense to store data streamer
instance somewhere and just reuse it, avoiding recreating it each time. I

>Are you saying have the data streamed to the streamer via multiple
connections, across multiple threads?
If you use just a simple IgniteDataStreamer, you can use it from multiple
threads(use addData from multiple threads) to increase the throughput.
Evgenii