Hello!

1. if gc time > failureDetectionTimeout.
2. No, NODE_SEGMENTED is reserved for case where node is excluded from
cluster, alone, and not able to function as a single-node cluster
(explicitly removed from cluster).
3. I've never seen splitting into two clusters.
4. Perhaps, but see above.

Ilya Kasnacheev