On further reading around DataRegionConfiguration. I see
'setEmptyPagesPoolSize', it says,

"Increase this parameter if cache can contain very big entries (total size
of pages in this pool should be enough to contain largest cache entry).
Increase this parameter if IgniteOutOfMemoryException occurred with enabled
page eviction."

The default value as i see is 100. So initially bumped it up to 1000. But it
failed saying the value can't go beyond 512. So i see it to 500.

I still am getting the same OOM exception, when i am preloading the cache.

Not sure if this a bug or some config is missing.