Veena,
  I am not getting the same issue/thread dump when I run a similar use case.

In your case it looks like Ignite has not fully started before
Ignition.ignite() has been called.
The check inside that function is specifically designed to prevent such
cases.

Here is the function you are calling: -- starterThread -- means the thread
that started Ignite -- usually main
        IgniteKernal grid() {
            if (starterThread != Thread.currentThread())
                U.awaitQuiet(startLatch);

            return grid;
        }

If Ignite hasn't fully started, it will wait( U.awaitQuiet(startLatch); )
until it has, before returning the instance.
see:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/40179116ab85446740a5b7025cd6cfef05bdefe6/modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/IgnitionEx.java#L1685

take a look at:
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/spi/eventstorage/memory/MemoryEventStorageSpi.html

and at: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/events
also the examples here:

https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/events/EventsExample.java

https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid/CacheEventsExample.java

If this doesn't help, include a reproducer and I will take a look.

Thanks, Alex