[image: Selected post]
I'm running a 5 node Ignite cluster, version 2.8.1, with persistence
enabled
and a small number of partitioned caches, ranging between a few thousand
records to one cache with over 1 billion records. No SQL use.

When I run a Java client app and connect to the cluster (with clientMode =
true), I connect fine and can retrieve the names of all caches on the
cluster quickly. However, attempting to get the size of a cache via
ignite.getOrCreateCache("existingCacheName").size() just hangs. This
happens
regardless of which cache I try to get the size of.

Sometimes I see a suspicious warning after a minute or so: WARNING: Node
FAILED:
TcpDiscoveryNode[...] - it appears to be referencing my client node. I
don't know why the node failed, what to do about it, or why it seems to
happen so frequently. There are no
relevant logs coming from any of the ignite server nodes, nor the java
app/client.

There are also many times when I do not get a Node FAILED warning, but
still the size() operation just hangs with no other information.

Thanks for your help!

Alan