Hello All,

While reading the documentation at
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/baseline-topology#activating-the-cluster
, there it is stated "you need to manually activate the cluster the first
time". We are doing it via code thus, ignite.cluster().active(true);. Then
we set the topology by code.

What I forgot is to put in a check if the cluster is already activated and
do not do activation.

Can this lead to issues ? Basically I am trying to find the root cause of
the issue below.

Because when I am restarting two nodes in a four node cluster I am getting
this error.
Caused by: org.apache. ignite.spi.IgniteSpiException: Attempting to join
node with larger distributed metastorage version id. The node is most
likely in invalid state and can't be joined.
at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoveryspi.checkFailedError(TcpDiscoverySpi.java:1997).

After this those two nodes start working again only after a cleanup. My
situation is that I have 4 node ignite clusters with persistence  with
Ignite version 2.8.0. These run in an embedded manner within 4 apps running
in 4 VMS.

Thanks.

Regards,
Saby