I forgot to mention, I'm starting the KafkaStreamer in a cluster service.
Pretty similar to all the examples that are around.

I saw the exception in the documentation, my concern here is where should I
catch it given that I initialize and setup the streamer on the init() method
and start it in the execute()? Should I create a custom implementation of a
StreamReceiver (holding a reference to the KafkaStreamer) that actually call
the cache.put() method, cach the exception and stop the streamer?

I didn't take into account the event stuff, the solution may be on that
path. I think is valid to add a listener on the service init() method,
right?

Thanks Alex for your answer.