Hey all

For structured data read access is great, but large transactional updates
to data are very not great, for us. We are working on a single node larger
machine, so nothing fancy at all.
In working to trouble shoot this, our dev team has tried a large number of
different configurations over the past weeks and made good progress turning
performance, but frankly, it's still nowhere near what I would expect from
a standard SQL Server database with stored procedures, and it's using far
more memory.

One major issue is the back and forth with the client application. I've
done some reading up on using compute grid instead but found this older
article where they test the performance and for large inserts is many times
slower than a SQL stored procedure.
https://cs.ulb.ac.be/public/_media/teaching/ignite_2017.pdf

Is this still the case? or is there a better way to approach this that we
are missing? Would code written in a compute grid solve these performance
issues? are compiled stored procedures planned for the future?

Thanks
Ryan