VeenaMithare wrote
> The reproducer code works fine on my home mac ( I dont see the 100s of
> logs)
> - so not sure if the issue is because of
> a. Change in OS - at home I use mac and office it is windows/linux.
> b. Change in the network ( between my home and office )
>
> Any thoughts on how I can debug further  ?

Hi there.

It's reproduced both in Intellij Idea and from cmd on Win 10. It's NOT
reproduced on Linux cli.

What happens here: server node does not receive TcpDiscoveryNodeLeftMessage
to let client node left the cluster. Instead client app is killed, server
node understands this case and try to reconnect, client node continues stay
in topology and if you start it again in short time you will see in server
logs a lot of handshake errors:

and in client log a lot of

You can see client node sends old Node ID.

It looks like server node does not receive "TcpDiscoveryNodeLeftMessage"
message from client when you stop the client app. When stopped from Idea or
by closing CMD window the target process does not receive SIGINT signal.

You can try to stop the client app on windows with "Ctrl-C" shortcut or run
it in Idea in *debug mode*, then client will send left node message, you
will see it in client logs:

then in server logs:

When using IDEA please try to run client app in debug mode, it sends SIGINT
signal to app when you click "Stop" button so the client app signal handler
is invoked properly.

Anyway when running on Linux I cant reproduce the same behaviour when
stopping the client process with something like "kill -9".

I'll try the situation whne number of client nodes is more than one.

-----
Alexey Plotnik