Hello folks,

I'm currently working on the jOOQ integration for Apache Ignite's SQL
language support. I was invited by Denis Magda to post my questions here,
see:
https://twitter.com/denismagda/status/1352316238806958080

>From what I understand, you're going to use calcite to parse and run your
SQL queries. My questions evolve only around syntax, not optimisation.

While H2 (which you're currently using in some way) has become quite
standards compliant over the past years, I still think that there will be
substantial differences in syntax. With the syntax not being documented
very well, I wonder what differences one may expect? Will 3.0 be akin to a
complete rewrite of the SQL support also for users, or will you try to stay
backwards compatible to some extent?

In particular:

- You're currently supporting H2's rather esoteric MERGE statement, which
even H2 have deprecated themselves in favour of the standard SQL MERGE
statement. I'm assuming you'll follow suit?
- Will the SYS schema be maintained as it is, or will there be an entirely
new type of SYS schema (this is relevant to me to reverse engineer schema
meta data).
- For how long will the 2.x branch be maintained once 3.0 ships? Does it
even make sense to start supporting Ignite 2.x at this point?

Cheers,
Lukas