I think it’s more that that putAll is mostly atomic, so the more records you
save in one chunk, the more locking, etc. happens. Distributing as compute jobs
means all the putAlls will be local which is beneficial, and the size of each
put is going to be smaller (also beneficial).

But that’s a lot of work that the data streamer already does for you and the
data streamer also batches updates so would still be faster.