hello Maximiliano Gazquez, good question ! But there is no one strength answer
on it.

>  I assumed that queries are distributed and each node answers the query only
>with its primary partitions and adding backups wouldn’t affect performance.
Ok, but what about overall system performance degradation ? Check page
replacement [1] algo, more efficient was introduced in new versions, thus
upgrade to new ver is welcomes. Second — wal it`s all about io usage. Do you
have monitoring of your disk io activity ? 4 Backups means 5 nodes with equal
data, is it really necessary or you just make a research ? Also additional work
for index rebuilding i hope.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-62+Page+replacement+improvements