Hi Jon,

#1 Probably yes, K/V and SQL are among the most used features.
     Yes, Ignite can be used instead of Redis as a distributed cache in
some use cases. The API is different though.

#2 Those features are production-ready. Ignite is not based on Spark.

#3 Compute API has map/reduce functionality:
https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/distributed-computing/map-reduce
     Grouping and filtering can be achieved based on that.
     Alternatively, use the SQL engine which performs map/reduce under the
hood.

#4 I'd say the choice between SQL and K/V is about two things - convenience
and performance.
     K/V API maps the data to your classes, and it is generally faster than
SQL for individual key operations (get, put, replace).
     On the other hand, SQL with proper indexes is faster for complex
queries.

#5 Please check
https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/extensions-and-integrations/ignite-for-spark/ignite-dataframe

Pavel