Personally I think there is some sort of index corruption. I dropped the
table and recreated it and my problem went away.
I never restarted the application and it started to work again.

Maybe you can make a copy of your table, insert the data fresh and point
your app to the copied table. And see if that works. Before doing something
as drastic as I did.