You amazed me sir. Thanks a lot, I will update the linked thread on
stackoverflow. Command looks like below now

 kubectl --kubeconfig  config.conf exec <ignite-node> -n {client_name} --
/opt/ignite/apache-ignite/bin/./control.sh --metric
 cluster.TotalServerNodes | grep -v  "metric" | grep
cluster.TotalServerNodes | cut -d " " -f5 | sed 's/^ *//g'