So I'm stuck with a catch 22 here... I can't enable the flag on the server
nodes without shutting down all the client nodes and vise versa....

Unless I did something wrong, but the server shuts off when i set the value
to true and it doesn't match with the another node... So I would have to
shutdown my entire infrastructure to enable it?

Like even if I shut down all the thick client connected I would have to
even to turn off all the server nodes make sure everything is off and then
restart one by one.

Does code deployment present the same problem, where I enable a shared
folder to periodically load classes?