Hello all,

I have been thinking about the problem of having to rolling-restart an
Ignite cluster and how to avoid it - I think one of the solutions someone
proposed appeals to me - serializing and deserializing things from their
native Java/Scala representations into JSON stored in the cache and back.
If everything you are storing is JSON/text then there is no need to have
fat jars known to Ignite and hence no need to restart the cluster every
time an application gets updated.

I have chosen scala.pickling for the above task (
https://github.com/scala/pickling)

I am struggling to foresee how this would work with indexing and SQL in
Ignite - anyone has any ideas or experiences or input (before I spend the
weekend trying)? :)

Thanks!
Ognen