Currently I'm half way there. On the storyPaths() method instead of using the
out of the box find paths:
return new
StoryFinder().findPaths(codeLocationFromClass(this.getClass()).getFile(),
asList("**/" + System.getProperty("storyFilter", "*") + ".story"), null);

I have a separate file that lists all the story files:
Story1.story
#Story2.story
Story3.story

Then I have a small parser that parses this file skipping any lines commented
out (my choice was #) and returns me the List I can feed into findPaths method.
My return statement now looks like
return new
StoryFinder().findPaths(codeLocationFromClass(this.getClass()).getFile(),
myStoryList, null);
where myStoryList was the list I populated with my parser

So now I don't run Story2.story (in this case) by itself. However, all the
cases inside Story2.story still run when I run Story3.story (which is using
GivenStories: Story2.story)

My question now is:
How can I set meta properties at the scenario level? Do you have sample code
How can I pass this to the GivenStories? Do you have sample code?

Thanks,
Enrique